Monday, August 21, 2006


Lone Boat
Originally uploaded by null photography.

Finally, I'm all done my summer courses and exams. Now I can actually get around to editing these pictures I have taken at a couple car shows and around a marina/beach. I went to Aylmer in Gatineau for a car show and found I took more pictures of the area instead of the cars. So then later that week I went back again with my girlfriend and had a picnic and took some more pictures. I probably have a couple hundred photos all together to go through and sort and edit. Now that I have some time off, I'll be able to do so and post them on flickr.
This shot I took was pretty hard to get just right, I think it would have been easier and quicker if I had a polarizer for my wide-angle zoom. The highlights on the waves were making them look really sharp and too harsh. So I put a Gaussian blur on the photo and then added the detail back into the boat in the foreground. I think it had a nice overall effect. But it took me a while to figure out what to do and how to get it just right.

No comments: